Payment planUpfront payment
12 months, self-paced
Enquire now for upcoming start dates
Digital Media Developer | Assistant Software Developer | IT Analyst | Business Analyst | View all
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government's National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that's recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
Do you want to learn how to build a website but don't know where to start? Or maybe you've been building websites for years but don't have the qualification to back up your skills?
Monarch's Diploma of Information Technology ICT50220 might be right for you. Built by IT professionals and experts, our course will give you everything you need to get started in the IT industry.
You'll learn how to do back-end and front-end web development, how to develop important quality assurance and cyber security processes, IT team management and more. You'll also receive full access to Pluralsight, letting you develop your skills even further. Monarch's IT trainer will be there to support you at every step of the way.
Module 1 - Foundation Skills
● ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
● ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
● BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
● ICTICT530 Design user experience solutions
Module 2 - Client-side development
● ICTWEB522 Develop website information architecture
● ICTWEB452 Create a markup language document
● ICTWEB519 Develop complex web page layouts
● ICTWEB520 Develop complex cascading style sheets
Module 3 - Dynamic website development
● ICTWEB441 Produce basic client-side script
● ICTWEB518 Build a document using extensible markup language
● ICTWEB451 Apply structured query language in relational databases
● ICTWEB513 Build dynamic websites
Module 4 - Website services
● ICTDBS507 Integrate databases with websites
● ICTWEB514 Create dynamic web pages
● ICTPRG554 Manage data persistence using noSQL data stores
● ICTPRG553 Create and develop REST APIs
Module 5 - Web development team skills
● ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
● BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
● BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
● ICTWEB525 Implement quality assurance processes for websites
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields. Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them. Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank. With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50220) from Monarch Institute. It will enable you to forge your career path into one as a front and back-end developer. You can work in a team or be your own boss as a freelancer.
Wondering where a career in information technology could take you? Potential job outcomes may include:
Fill out this form and a Study Consultant from Monarch Institute will get back to you.