Payment planUpfront payment
12 months, self-paced
Immediately, or whenever suits you
Assistant Software Developer | Assistant Web Developer | Assistant Web Designer | Assistant Programmer | View all
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government's National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that's recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
Are you interested in learning programming but don't know where to start? Or maybe your workplace has asked you to help with their next big web development project?
Monarch's Certificate IV in Information Technology (ICT40120) might be right for you. Built by IT professionals and experts, our course will give you everything you need to get started in the IT
You'll learn how to do client-side web development, different programming languages and how to ‘speak' them, how to develop important quality assurance and cyber security processes, and more. You'll also receive full access to Pluralsight, letting you develop your skills even further. Monarch's IT trainer will be there to support you at every step of the way. You'll love studying IT with Monarch.
Module 1 - Work Effectively in the IT Industry
● ICTICT443 Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
● ICTICT451 Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
● ICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
● BSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
Module 2 - Client-side development
● ICTWEB450 Evaluate and select a web hosting service
● ICTWEB432 Design website layouts
● ICTWEB452 Create a markup language document
● ICTWEB431 Create and style simple markup language documents
Module 3 - Enhancing a website
● ICTWEB441 Produce basic client-side script
● ICTWEB433 Confirm accessibility of websites
● ICTWEB443 Implement search engine optimisations
● ICTWEB434 Transfer content to websites
Module 4 - Programming basics
● ICTPRG302 Apply introductory programming techniques
● ICTPRG437 Build a user interface
● ICTPRG430 Apply introductory object-oriented language skills
● ICTPRG440 Apply introductory programming skills in different languages
Module 5 - Managing quality
● ICTICT449 Use version control systems in development environments
● ICTPRG433 Test software developments
● BSBXSC404 Contribute to cyber security risk management
● ICTSAS432 Identify and resolve client ICT problems
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields. Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them. Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank. With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Information Technology from Monarch Institute.
Wondering where a career in information technology could take you? Potential job outcomes may include:
Fill out this form and a Study Consultant from Monarch Institute will get back to you.